Thursday, October 06, 2011

STEVE JOBS - R.I.P.

You wouldn't be reading my blathering if it were not for two youngsters named Jobs and Wozniak (the one who clearly has been overlooked by most of the obit writers) in the tale of the Jobs ascendancy at Apple.

I lived in California at the time that these two visionary young men were just rolling out their new product. I even had a little cash on hand and an opportunity to invest in their fledgling enterprise. Would that I had. I'd be sitting on an island somewhere with my beloved pussycats roaming freely through the flora and fauna.

The man (and the Woz) both deserve full credit for opening up a new world in the later 20th century and both, along with their fellow visionary Bill Gates, changed the way our world communicates.

Jobs was young to die and we'll miss his vision and creativity.

No comments: