Thursday, March 18, 2010

MY NEW HERO!

Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma warns House members that switching votes will have consequences:

11:03 a.m.: Senator Tom Coburn:

“I want to send a couple of messages to my friends in the House. If you voted no and you vote yes, and you lose your election and you think your nomination to any federal position isn’t going to be held up in the Senate, I’ve got news for you. Number two is if you get a deal, a parochial deal for you or you district, I’ve already instructed my staff and the staff of seven other Senators, we will look at every appropriations bill, at every level, at every instance and we will outline it by district and we will associate that with the buying of your vote. So if you think you can cut a deal now and it not come out until after the election, I want to tell you, that isn’t going to happen.”

The man has cojones, that's for sure! And he knows how to make his point.

No comments: