Thursday, April 28, 2011

HOW ABOUT LET'S JUST GET OVER OURSELVES?


Some blacks see racism in 'birther' questions

This was a headline found on Yahoo News! Some blacks see racism in their morning cup of coffee! Let's get this straight. You aren't a victim. You are responsible for your own life, for good or ill. You my black friend are more racist than anyone when you see race as a determining factor in every decision every person makes about every other person. It just isn't so. I work with a mixed bag of people. Do I disciminate against them or harbor ill will or secretly denigrating opinions of them because they are lawyers? Well, actually, yes, in some cases! But those opinions relate directly to the way THEY interact with ME and has nothing to do with the color of their skin, or even the fact that they are attorneys. And, trust me, none of this has anything to do with their race! I've met a few really bad white lawyers and I've met just as many horrendously bad black lawyers. Granted, dealing with that particular professional group can lead a gal to intense cynicism (not only can but does) but still, we have questions about Barack Hussein Obama II on various levels, most if not all of which have nothing whatsoever to do with the color of his skin. Remember, he IS also part white! Is it okay to discriminate against or denigrate him because of that? No, it's far more sensible (and accurate) to criticize Mr. Obama because he is an arrogant, preening, self-indulgent infant, with no skills at governing, a moral compass that appears to be set somewhere to the Left of Common Sense and a remarkable lack of spine! I don't like him because he doesn't act like an American! And on a good day, I encounter very few who do. But then I work in Washington, D.C.!

No comments: