Tuesday, October 21, 2008

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST


The Anchoress has posted an urgent prayer request for a military family facing the unthinkable and indescribably painful:

I cannot tell you his name - but if you could storm heaven for “Beloved and his family” at this time - for miracles if God wills them, for peace and consolation if not. The need is great. Please keep these people “in your pockets,” so to speak. Perhaps offer something up for their behalf, keeping this in mind: Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church…(Colossians 1:24)
Certainly prayer for Beloved and his family, as well as all our active duty service men and women (including my family's beloved Navy Guy) should be (or should become) a routine and important part of every day. It isn't so-called journalists, politicians or "neighborhood organizers" who keep us free, but rather the military men and women who daily risk their lives in service of their nation's honor and safety. God bless them, every one.

No comments: