Monday, March 08, 2010

THE ACADEMY AWARDS

Yes, I watched the Red Carpet to see what the celebutards were wearing. It's the only thing entertaining about this night composed primarily of vapid, self-obsessed people patting themselves on the back for work that is only marginally praiseworthy (Dame Helen Mirren would be an exception to that rule - she's brilliant. Meryl Streep is overrated, in my opinion.)

I was delighted to read this morning that Jeff Bridges won an Oscar and that Sandra Bullock, who is by all accounts a very nice woman, also won. I am not necessarily enthralled by the fact that Mo'Nique won. I find her to be a deplorable woman- forget the fact that for some idiotic reason she finds good grooming to be unacceptable! She's another "we is victims" kind of person and the hairy legs are only a side (and unattractive) issue! Get over yourself bitch and realize that you have been luckier than you deserve. You aren't that funny and your performance in Precious was a fluke!

I fell asleep before the big awards were given - I get up and go to work every day! The show, as always was tedius and boring. Pretty much echoing the qualities of most of the films being honored!


No comments: