Tuesday, June 01, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND - AND ME!

I felt fairly "green" most of the day on Friday and Saturday and then Sunday even worse - couldn't get warm and was in enormous pain. Called dear friend Joyce and she came over and immediately called an ambulance - she was concerned I was having a heart attack! My color was a lovely shade of grey and I was in so much pain I couldn't stand upright!

To make a long story short I was suffering from diverticulitis and if you never have to get it, I'll be happy for you. Unpleasant is barely the word for it!

I spent some 6-7 hours in the emergency room and after a cat scan of my belly, we discovered the diagnosis. The e.r. doctor was delighted there was actually one patient there who wasn't drunk beyond belief! He wsas so nice - and he ended up calling me yesterday to make sure I was doing well! Cipro, pain pills, etc. and I'm on the mend! Think a person would get that kind of care with Obamacare? Somehow I doubt it!

The cats are thrilled. Auntie Linda - giver of treats and belly scritches was here most of the day on Monday and I'm doing better so I can dispense same my own self.

Man there are a lot of drunks and unhappy Hispanic children in emergency rooms on Sunday nights!

Thank goodness for Joyce - who stayed at my side until Linda could get there - and Linda who never left my side once she got to the hospital! I am blessed in my friends!

No comments: