Monday, September 15, 2008

A Psalm for Sarah for 66

Sixty-six Days of Intercession for Gov. Sarah Palin according to Psalm 27
Pray for Sarah, husband Todd, sons Track, baby Trig, daughters Bristol , Willow , Piper,
from August 29 through November 4.
Pray for:
Singleness of Vision, Moral Clarity
Ps 27:1a - The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
Fearlessness, Boldness
Ps 27:1b - The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?
Protection from Libel, Slander, Hatred, Persecution
Ps 27:2 - When [not “if”] evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.
Confidence in Christ, a Guarded Heart
Ps 27:3 - Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident.
Priorities, Devotions, Rest, Balance
Ps 27:4 - One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple.
Deliverance, Favor
Ps 27:5 - For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock.
An Overcoming Spirit, a Higher Perspective
Ps 27:6 - And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me; And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
Direction, Wisdom, Surefootedness
Ps 27:7, 11 - Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. . . . Teach me Thy way, O Lord and lead me in a level path because of my foes.
A Release of Faith, an Expectancy of Good,
Ps 27:13 - I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Strength, Courage, Endurance,
Ps 27:14 - Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for the Lord.
And let Your kingdom come and let Your will be done.

No comments: