Thursday, June 12, 2008

I HAVE BEEN TAGGED BY LAURA LEE DONOHO

The Meme

The rules:

1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.

4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?

Working and trying to get used to my new, and now greatly beloved, Sam the Wonder Cat. Hanging out with my friends, staying touch with Sis Linda and generally just putting one foot in front of the other as best I could.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?

1. Clean the kitty litter. ( a must)

2. Bake chocolate-chocolate chip cookies as a Father’s Day gift for a friend at work.

3. Clean house as much as I ever do (my Aunt Zella used to tell me that “dust is patient and WILL wait until you get around to it – words of wisdom for sure) and pack lunch for tomorrow.

4. Fold laundry from dryer and put freshly washed load (from this morning) into the dryer.

5. Get to bed at a reasonable hour!

What are five snacks you enjoy?

1. Cottage cheese with some hot sauce on it.

2. Extra sharp white cheddar cheese chunks melted onto Sun-dried tomato Triscuits

3. Wasabe Peanuts

4. Black Pepper potato chips

5. A cup of coffee

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?

1. Pay off all of my friends’ outstanding bills including mortgages and car notes

2. Buy the quite modest house I currently rent because I’m too tired to move!

3. Give to my church and its missions abroad, military charities and I’d start a fund to help Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans, and indeed all veterans, to be sure none of them is ever homeless.

4. Help the unemployment situation by giving up my job to someone else. (Doesn’t that sound better than saying that I’m just plain lazy?)

5. Save and carefully invest the rest.

What are five of your bad habits?

1. Smoking

2. Procrastinating.

3. Staying up too late reading even when I have to go to work the next day.

4. Driving too fast.

5. Watching cooking shows (and then making and EATING the best recipes)

What are five places where you have lived?

1. Stanford, Ontario

2. Antioch, California

3. San Bruno, California

4. Sylmar, California

5. Columbus, Ohio

What are five jobs you’ve had?

1. Fisher, Fazio, Costa Supermarkets, Cleveland, Ohio: typing names on blank payroll checks all day long, every day, 5 days a week right out of high school.

2. General Tire Company, Cleveland, Ohio – credit department on Saturdays while in high school.

3. Cocktail waitress at Stouffers Inn in Columbus, Ohio while in college.

4. Paralegal/Legal Secretary

5. Radio newsman, KYW Radio, Cleveland, Ohio

Five people I tag:

1. Kitty Myers

2. Aaron Arnwine

3. The Piano Girl

4. Sissy Willis

5. G.M. Roper

No comments: